A lot of our confidence stems from our appearance. So it makes sense that we don't feel confident when our teeth aren't looking their best. Having missing teeth can make you feel insecure, but thankfully dental bridges can restore your confidence in no time!
Dental bridges literally bridge the gap created by missing teeth. They are put in place by installing crowns on either side of the gap. The teeth beside the missing tooth or teeth that hold the bridge in place are called abutment teeth. After we make a mold of your teeth, a bridge will be created for your next visit. During that visit, a false tooth (pontic) will be placed in the gap and held in place by the abutment teeth. If your abutment teeth aren't strong and healthy, however, you'll probably have to get a different cosmetic procedure done instead.
Types of Bridges
Traditional Bridges: Traditional bridges are the most common form of dental bridges. In this case, crowns are placed on both sides of the missing tooth to hold the replacement tooth in place.
Cantilever Bridge: When there are only teeth on one side of the missing tooth, awill be used. The pontics are fused to crowns that connect to the patient's natural teeth on one side only.
Advantages of Dental Bridges
- Long-lasting: Dental bridges are permanent structures that are durable and long-lasting. Most patients report their bridges lasting anywhere from ten years to a lifetime.
- Affordable: Bridges are very affordable, especially when many teeth need to be replaced.
- Quick: Dental bridges are usually finished in two visits.
- Improved Appearance: Dental bridges will not only fill in any missing teeth you have, they will also give you a smile that looks and feels as natural as your original teeth.
- Prevents Further Problems: By having a dental bridge procedure done, you will prevent the possibility of a , bone loss, periodontal disease, and unwanted teeth movement.
If you're tired of feeling insecure about your missing teeth, consider getting dental bridges. Find out today whether or not dental bridges are the right choice for you and your teeth.
To learn more about our Waterford dentists and the services we offer, please contact us here or call us at 248.681.8100. Our dental professionals strive to be the very best at providing patients with optimal care while making them feel right at home here in Waterford, MI.