Implant dentures allow you to eat, talk and function as if you had your own natural teeth. Most people with conventional dentures do not like having their palate covered by the dentures.
An advantage of upper implant dentures is that the entire palate can be removed. Lower dentures are known to be unstable and in many situations many people find it very difficult to eat with them. In addition, because they are always moving, they can cause discomfort because of the constant rubbing.
Lower implant dentures will completely eliminate these problems and can only be removed when you decide to do so allowing you to eat natural and with confidence.
Also with conventional dentures you will have constant loss of bone under your denture, with implant dentures bone loss becomes almost non existent.
- Maintains Bone. A very important secondary advantage is the ability of an implant to stop the loss of bone, which would occur if the implant was not placed.
- Function. A dental implant restores your ability to eat, bite, and chew normally.
- Long Term Results. Thanks to advanced technology, implant dentistry is one of the most successful forms of dentistry. Recent studies show a five-year success rate of 90% for upper jaw and 95% for lower jaw dental implants.
- Better Hygiene. When replacing teeth with implants, there is no need to attach them to other teeth. This allows you to floss your teeth normally without the need for special flossing devices.
- Implant Placement. Our implant specialist will place your implants in one quick visit while you are very relaxed.
- Bone Attachment. For the next 4-6 months, the bone and the implants will grow together making the implant very strong. During this period we will only observe the healing process.
- Final Restoration. After this 4-6 month period, a crown or bridge can be attached to the implants. In some situations, crowns may be attached to the implants the same day the implants are placed. When the implant is being used as an anchor, it is at this time that the denture is attached to the implants.